Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    I bought a Brita filter. Still don't like it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #22
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Brita filter. Still don't like it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img] </div></div>

    I don't like BSG water either - prior posts have been tongue in cheek, as I have spring water, though I live in town limits. My water is great, as I drink about a gallon per day. And I don't have to pay those exorbitant rates due to Polly's years of mismanagement.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    And by way, my 7th grade science teacher allowed us to play with mercury - we'd spill it and chase it across the floor. And it's never affected my motpor skilsl or abitily to tpye adn copmhredn, nro hsa it afefcted my add/hd and my abitily ot ...wtaherev. I fogert rael esayily...

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    We had a tube of mercury at the house that we played with, basically as a toy.

    BSG water is pretty bad. Tends to leave a really bad film in any container over a period of time too.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    BSG water sucks actually, but because of the chlorine IMO. I'd feel better drinking water straight from Big Cherry that after the town treats it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Norton's chlorine situation isn't much different. Smells like Clorox coming out of the tap.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Yep, same here. They think they can run an employeee through the program at MECC, and produce a chemist. But then again, BSG is all about appearance.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    I remember breaking a thermometer and playing with mercury. It tasted funny though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">News Center 5 has just reported that you should not eat the fish, mainly the small mouth bass in Big Cherry reservoir but twice a month due to high levels of mercury found in the fish. Where does that put BSG's water supply for human consumption? And how did the mercury get into the reservoir? </div></div>

    I haven't read the entire thread, but there are no smallmouth bass in BCR.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    You just don't know how to catch them, amateur. Maybe if you had 7000 rods and reels instead of 6999 you'd have better luck. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •